People reading this will have vast differences in understanding about what light therapy is and the effects in people and animals. To help those of you who have no knowledge, here’s a simple explanation below:
The cell is the building block of the body and if each cell is able to function optimally, the body will heal itself.
Light therapy works by restoring energy in damaged cells and increasing blood flow using highly beneficial wavelengths of red and infrared light. The function of a cell will be compromised after damage caused by injury, surgery, disease or if the body is slower to heal from conditions such as diabetes. When light therapy is applied quickly after acute injury, the process of cell death can be prevented which will lead to quicker healing and recovery following injury.
Cells in people and animals are receptive to light and from numerous clinical and scientific studies, the proven effects of red and infrared light are:
- Increases energy in cells (production of ATP in the mitochondria)
- Increases circulation
- Increased cell regeneration
- Reduces inflammation and increases lymphatic activity
- Increases immune system activity
- Cell death is reversed when applied within 4-6 hrs of injury
- Regulation of collagen production helping to reduce scarring
- Pain relief and calming by increasing endorphins and serotonin
Click HERE to read further details about all the effects of Photizo Light Therapy.