Operating the Photizo Home Care series:
(Photizo Vetcare, Sport, Pain Relief, Skin Care and Blush)
- All units in the Photizo Home Care series work off an internal chargeable battery or mains power.
- To switch on, press the power button. The charge indication light will come on and the unit will beep twice.
- Apply front facing light emitting diodes to area of treatment as instructed below.
- Once the treatment cycle is finished, it will beep twice and switch off automatically.
- The lens of the Photizo unit may heat up with repeated treatment cycles due to the energy of the light emitted. Should it become hot and uncomfortable to the touch, suspend treatment for several minutes in order to let it cool down before resuming.
- To switch off the unit during a treatment cycle, press and hold the power button for 1 second. The power button LED may remain green for a short time after the treatment cycle is stopped.
- Whilst on battery power the charge indication light will be on solid green during the cycle and off when not in use.
- When plugging into the mains power to charge, the unit will beep once and after a 3 second delay the power button LED will flash green until the unit is fully charged, at which point the LED will remain solid green.
- When unplugging the mains power, the unit will beep once and the power button LED will turn off.
- From new, the Photizo unit will provide approximately 1hr 30 minutes of continuous treatment from each full charge. If you are using Photizo in cold temperatures please note that this can reduce the number of doses from each full charge.
- Photizo units utilize high capacity NiMH rechargeable batteries. As with all rechargeable batteries, the capacity will deplete over time and the number of doses between charges will reduce. When the battery capacity reaches an unsatisfactory level, the internal battery can be replaced. Please contact your local distributor who can provide a quote for installing a new battery.
- Storing an unused Photizo for more than 3 months should be done with the battery fully charged as it may otherwise result in a damaged battery.
Cleaning, maintenance, and storage
Please refer to our Tips & Tutorials on Looking after your Photizo Home Care device
The Photizo should be cleaned before and after use with the aid of a clean cloth with a product to disinfect such as surgical spirits or surgical alcohol or a Pet Safe product such as Leucillin. The Photizo Vetcare should always be kept in a safe, dry area, preferably within the carry bag supplied.
If possible, clean the skin before the application of treatment, as debris my block light. It may be advisable to shave the affected area if using on an animal with very thick hair (literature suggests fur could also hinder the penetration of the light) but users have reported shaving is not essential.
How to administer treatment
- Place the probe/lens in direct contact with the skin on the area to be treated and press the power button. The unit should beep twice.
- Keep the probe/lens in position until the unit beeps again. It will switch off automatically once the treatment cycle is complete, keep unit in place and repeat if multiple doses are required. Please refer to your own Model User Guide for specific guidance for various conditions
- Shift the probe/lens to remaining affected area or next area of treatment. Press the power button again.
For more specific user guides please click on the following link:
User guide for Medical CE models coming soon:
- Photizo Sport
- Photizo Pain relief
- Photizo Skincare
Disclaimer: Photizo should be seen as an ancillary treatment, used in conjunction with the appropriate medical approach. The manufacturers and distributors of Photizo devices advocate the use of the device under supervision of clinician or veterinarian. Photizo is not intended as a replacement for standard medical procedures, medications and/or treatment.